TOURS / WORKSHOPS
Death Valley Tour 2018
Sand Dunes, Salt Flats, High Peaks, and more!
December 3 - 7, 2018, 4 days. $4500. Deposit $1500.
All single rooms, Maximum 5 photographers + Leader Mike Basher
Death Valley is a photographer's paradise, with excellent opportunities to photograph diverse geological anomalies, color palettes, starry skies, wide open spaces, and more!
Join Mike Basher on an amazing trip to the seemingly endless sprawl of Death Valley. We visit volcanic moonscapes, winding sand dunes, salt pans, and jagged peaks as we wind our way from our rendezvous in Viva Las Vegas! The landscape of Death Valley is heavily photographed, but rewards the photographer with a keen eye for texture and form. We will visit areas of the park rarely frequented by tourist groups, which will open your eyes to the splendor of Death Valley.
Why Should you Choose this Tour?
1. Photographers of all levels are welcome, the tour pacing will suit everyone's needs and skill level.
2. This is a multi camera system tour. We welcome owners of all formats, and the tour leader has professional experience with DSLR, Medium Format, and Large Format systems.
3. On this tour only mini bus transportation equipped with Wi-Fi is used, no giant buses here.
4. Private transport is used on this tour we do not use any public subway or train services.
5. In addition to photography will have free time for group and one-on-one image review and instruction.
6. There are never any question limits at any time on this tour.
7. The small group size with a leader means more time and guidance for each participant, and questions are always encouraged.
8. You will receive a daily briefing and specific suggestions on the subject that is being targeted.
9. This will be the leader's 7th Death Valley excursion.
- Exclusive small group size of 5 photographers + leader.
- Full-time photography sessions and sightseeing.
- Tour includes the best and most productive landscape photo locations in Death Valley.
- Private van transportation. No tourist buses are used.
What's Not Included?
• Food. We will visit a grocery store to stock up with lunch and snack items. Breakfast and dinner will be available for purchase at our hotel.
• Beer, wine, cocktails, or any alcoholic beverages
• Travel Insurance
• Accommodation before or after the tour
• Double accommodations (subject to availability).
• All daily transportation.
• Admission fees for all charters and planned excursions.
• Private transportation to and from McCarran Airport, and all locations within Death Valley.
• In the field instruction, briefing and specific suggestions during each photography session.
If you would like to join me for the experience of a lifetime, please let us know immediately via e-mail or by phone that you will be sending a deposit as I expect this trip to sell out.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, after paying the balance, the balance payment will be refunded ONLY if your spot can be filled, on short notice, from the waiting list. Please email for more information.